This Easy Chicken Divan Recipe is a classic casserole updated! No condensed soup in this recipe!
- 4 cups cubed, or shredded chicken, cooked
- 24–32 ounces frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon, I prefer ‘Better Than Bouillon’ or use 2 bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken and broccoli evenly. Place the mixture into the prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, heavy cream, chicken broth, bouillon, and pepper. Pour the sour cream mixture evenly on top of the chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on top.
- In a medium bowl combine the butter, salt, and breadcrumbs. Evenly sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top of the cheese layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until warmed through and toasted on top.
- Serve warm.
You can serve this Chicken Divan over rice, pasta, or on its own. You can even stuff the mixture into a baked potato!
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 555
- Sugar: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 497.5 mg
- Fat: 37.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Protein: 37.9 g
- Cholesterol: 145.3 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, chicken recipe, chicken, casserole, easy