Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Cuban-Style Pulled Pork is such an easy weeknight meal, and also great for entertaining. This crock pot pulled pork is simple and versatile, and so full of flavor!
- 4 pounds bone-in pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon Adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 large onion cut into large cubes
- 6 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium oranges
- 3 lemons
- 3 limes
- olive oil
- Trim excess fat from pork.
- Mix Adobo, cumin and coriander together. Sprinkle this onto the pork and rub in.
- Cut the oranges, lemons and limes in half and squeeze the juice into a medium bowl. Reserve the rind of one orange, one lemon and one lime.
- Heat Crock Pot® Slow Cooker to sauté, or alternatively heat a large skillet to high heat. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of oil into hot pot or skillet. Brown the meat on all sides.
- Turn the Crock Pot® to Slow Cook on high heat. Place the onions, garlic, and the reserved citrus rinds (see note) into the Crock Pot® with the meat. Pour the juice on top. Cover and cook for 4-6 hours.
- When the meat is tender enough to shred, remove it from the Crock Pot® into a large bowl and set aside. Using a slotted spoon remove all the vegetables and fruit pieces from the liquid. Transfer the pork back into the liquid and shred using forks.
- Serve warm.
Throwing the extra citrus rinds into the crock pot is completely optional. You can leave them out, or just zest them. I like the slightly more intense flavor they give, but it’s not necessary.
I like to use the pork on Cuban Style sandwiches, with Swiss Cheese, pickles and mustard. But it’s great by itself, over rice, or in a tortilla. There are so many possibilities.
Keywords: slow cooker pulled pork, cuban pork, easy dinner ideas