These Easy Lemon Cream Cheese Bars are so rich, buttery and easy to make! Packed with the perfect citrus flavor, these lemon bars are next level.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- zest of 2 lemons (about 2 tablespoons), divided
- juice of 2 lemons (about 3 ounces)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 (8 ounces) containers crescent rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the cream cheese until smooth. Reserve 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest for later and add the remaining zest into the cream cheese along with the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of the granulated sugar. Mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Unroll one can of the crescent roll dough and lay flat in the prepared baking pan. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top and smooth. Unroll the remaining dough and lay on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the dough evenly, spreading to coat the dough.
- Finally mix the remaining 1/4 cup granulated sugar with the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon zest and sprinkle evenly on top of the butter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Recipe adapted from my Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Keywords:: cream cheese bars, lemon cream cheese bars, lemon bars recipe, easy lemon bars recipe, easy lemon bars, how to make lemon bars, best lemon bars, dessert bars