This Lemon Shrimp Orzo recipe is a one-pot meal that’s fresh, zesty, and so delicious! A quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s great for leftovers, too!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 8 garlic cloves, divided and minced
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 3 1/3 cups chicken stock
- Optional garnish – chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices
- In a large bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, 5 minced garlic cloves, crushed red pepper, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Add in the shrimp and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add in the orzo, stirring frequently until golden. Add in the remaining 3 tablespoons of garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Slowly add in the chicken stick and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a low, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes until the broth is absorbed (the orzo won’t be cooked completely). Add in the shrimp and the lemon juice mixture into the orzo, stir to combine, cover the pot again and cook for an additional 8 -10 minutes, until the shrimp is pink, and the orzo is cooked.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and season with more salt and pepper if desired.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges to serve.
Keywords: lemon orzo, one pot meals, shrimp pasta recipes