This Easy Skillet Tamale Pie is an awesome skillet dinner idea. It’s a super easy tex-mex meal that’s made in one pot! This easy dinner is a favorite at our house, and it’s sure to be one at yours too!
- 1 3/4 cup grated Mexican style cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can green chiles drained
- 1 (1 ounce package) taco seasoning
- 1 (8.5 ounce package) corn muffin mix
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- Coat a 10- inch cast iron skillet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 3/4 cup cheese, milk, egg, corn, green chiles, taco seasoning and muffin mix. Stir until combined.
- Spread this mixture into the prepared skillet and bake for 15 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Meanwhile in another skillet cook the ground turkey on medium heat until it’s done and no pink remains. Add in the black beans and cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Add the enchilada sauce to the mix and stir to combine. Remove from the heat until ready to use.
- When the corn muffin mixture is set use a fork to liberally poke holes across the entire surface. Pour the turkey mixture on top of the corn.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, avocado, tomato and lettuce, if desired.
Keywords:: tamale pie, tamale pie recipe, easy tamale recipe, tamale recipe, one pot dinner, one pot meal, one pot recipe, skillet dinner