This easy-to-make Fluffy Marshmallow Frosting is spreadable, pipe-able and all around glossy and gorgeous!
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cu granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add the egg whites, granulated sugar, cream of tarter, and salt to a heat-safe bowl of an stand mixer. Set the bowl over a saucepan filled with a few inches of simmering water.
- If you aren’t using a stand mixer, use any large heat-safe bowl, with high sides for mixing.
- Heat the mixture, whisking constantly until the egg whites are warm to the touch and sugar has dissolved, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and transfer to your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Mix on high speed, until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 7-9 minutes. Add the vanilla during the last 10 seconds of mixing.
- Spread or pipe onto cake immediately.
Best if used immediately.
Keywords:: frosting recipe, how to make frosting, homemade frosting, vanilla frosting recipe, easy frosting recipe, best frosting recipe, frosting homemade recipe, homemade frosting cake, homemade frosting for cake, marshmallow frosting