Fried Ice Cream is one of my favorite ways to enjoy an ice cream sundae! Scoops of ice cream are rolled in crunchy corn flakes and crushed cookies, which become a crispy shell once fried. You will LOVE this indulgent dessert, and so will everybody you serve it to!
- 10 scoops of ice cream
- 2 cups finely crushed corn flakes
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla sandwich cookies (like Golden Oreos)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Enough vegetable or canola oil to deep fry
- Optional garnish – whipped cream, sprinkles, maraschino cherries, cinnamon sugar, caramel sauce, or chocolate sauce.
- Using a large ice cream scoop (about 2/3- cup), portion 10 scoops of the ice cream and place into a 9×13 pan. Cover the pan tightly and freeze for an hour, until the ice cream scoops are firm.
- While the ice cream is freezing, combine the crushed corn flakes, crushed cookies, cinnamon, and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- When the ice cream is firm, place each scoop into the whisked eggs, then roll into the cornflake mixture. Place back in the eggs, and then again in the corn flakes, coating completely. Place the ice cream scoops back in the pan, cover again tightly and freeze for at least 3 hours, or overnight. The trick to frying these successfully is that the ice cream is completely frozen.
- When you’re ready to fry, fill a large Dutch oven at least 4- inches deep. Heat the oil over medium heat, until it reaches 375°F. Keep the ice cream in the freezer until ready to place in hot oil.
- Working in batches of 1 or 2 at a time, place into the hot oil and fry for approximately 20 seconds, until golden brown. Immediately remove from the hot oil and serve immediately, or place back in the freezer until ready to serve. Repeat with the remaining ice cream scoops.
Keywords: fried ice cream, deep fried ice cream