These easy salty/sweet snack mix sounds crazy but is over the top delicious!
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag of Fritos
- 2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Pretzel Twists
- 1 1/2 cups nuts. I used walnuts, but peanuts, cashews or mixed nuts would work great
- 1 cup of mini M&Ms
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl combine Fritos, Chex, Pretzels and nuts. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt sugar, butter and corn syrup over medium heat. Let mixture come to a boil and then boil for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and pour over Frito mixture, stirring to coat evenly.
- Transfer mix to a large roasting pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove to stir and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- When done baking transfer to a wax paper lined counter and let cool completely breaking large clumps.
- Sprinkle M&Ms on top when the mixture is warm but not hot so the M&Ms stick to the caramel.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 7 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, snack mix, fritos