Melt-in-your-mouth Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are like little bites of heaven! Rolled in a thick layer of powdered sugar, each snowy-white cookie crackles to reveal a dark, fudgy interior.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, oil, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the baking powder and salt and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the flour until combined and stir in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for 4 hours, or overnight until completely chilled.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) cookie scoop portion out the dough and roll it into a ball. Place the dough ball into the powdered sugar and coat generously. Place the coated ball onto the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes until just set and the cookies have crackled tops. The cookies will seem slightly soft, this is ok . Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store airtight at room temperature for 3 days
Keywords: chocolate crackle cookie, christmas cookies, chocolate cookies