Easy and CHEWY Gingersnap Cookies! These are a holiday favorite!
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the molasses, egg, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon. Mix for another 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour. Mix until just combined.
- Place the remaining sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon sized) cookie scoop portion out dough. Roll the dough into balls and then roll the balls in the sugar. Place on the prepared baking sheet 2- inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are lightly golden and appear “crinkly”.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
Store airtight for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: cookies, christmas cookies, holiday, gingersnaps, ginger, cookie recipe