Greek Tomato Feta Soup is an easy vegetarian recipe packed with the flavors of the Mediterranean. Made with juicy tomatoes, creamy feta, tender orzo pasta, and a light chili kick.
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depending on how much heat you like)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 (28- ounce) can of whole plum tomatoes, drained and cut into chunks
- 12– ounces of feta cheese small cubed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat a 5- quart dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in the vegetable broth, olive oil, oregano, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the orzo pasta and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20-25 minutes, until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add in the cubed feta cheese and red wine vinegar. Stir to combine. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve warm.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stove top or in the microwave.
Keywords: tomato soup recipe, orzo soup, vegetarian soup recipes