These tasty Grinch Brownies are a festive twist on a mint Oreo brownie! I added tons of mint Oreos into a simple boxed brownie mix and then topped it with a minty white chocolate ganache, more Oreo cookies and some red chocolate candies. It’s the ultimate Christmas dessert recipe!
- 18.4 ounce brownie mix, prepared according to package directions
- 25 mint Oreo cookies, divided
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- red chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with foil and coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package. Coarsely chop up 16 Oreo cookies and fold them into the brownie batter. Spread that into the prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the brownies are almost set in the center and a toothpick inserted 1- inch from the edge of the pan comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack and allow the brownies to cool.
- To prepare the ganache place a heat-safe bowl on top of a pot of simmering water. Place the white chocolate and heavy cream in the bowl and stir until melted. Remove the bowl from the heat and add in 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract and a few drop of green food coloring. Stir to combine. You can add more mint extract, up to 1/2 teaspoon if desired.
- Pour the ganache on top of the brownies.
- Immediately chop the remaining Oreo cookies and sprinkle these on top of the ganache. Sprinkle on the red candies.
- Chill the brownies, allowing the ganache to set for at least an hour before cutting the brownies into bars.
I use the “family size” brownie mix and bake it in a 9×9 pan instead of a 9×13, as I prefer a thicker brownie.
Keywords: christmas dessert recipe, easy christmas dessert recipe, easy christmas dessert, mint brownies, best brownies recipe, easy brownies recipe, how to make brownies