This homemade cake mix is so easy to throw together with what is already in your pantry. With vanilla and chocolate variations, you’ll be all set next time you’re in the mood to bake!
Dry Cake Mix
- 2 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4- ounce) package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
To Make the Dry Cake Mix:
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and pudding mix.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
To Make Cake with your Cake Mix:
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Add the pre-made cake mix into the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- With the mixer on low add in the oil, eggs, vanilla, and buttermilk. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set.
- When the cake is cooled, frost with desired frosting.
- To make this cake chocolate, use chocolate instant pudding and sift in 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder to the cake mix.
- To make this a layer cake, coat 2, 8- inch round pans with nonstick spray. Divide the batter equally between the two pans. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set.
- Store airtight in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 41.1 g
- Sodium: 429.8 mg
- Fat: 13.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 51.3 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 41.2 mg
Keywords: diy cake mix, how to make cake mix, easy vanilla cake recipe, chocolate cake mix, cookies and cups