These wholesome, soft and chewy Homemade Snack Bars taste just like the Clif® Bars you find in store – only better, because you make them yourself!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 large biscuit style shredded wheat cereal, or 1 cup un-frosted spoon-size shredded wheat
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray an 8×8 pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Place raisins in food processor and pulse until lightly chopped (it will be sticky)
- Add the shredded wheat, oats, cinnamon and salt in food processor and pulse until mixture is finely chopped and incorporated.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, honey, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Add the oat mixture and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Spread in prepared pan and bake 15-18 minutes until edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool completely in the pan before slicing into squares.
recipe adapted from California Raisin
Keywords: homemade protein bars, energy bars, homemade granola bars