Your pup will love these Homemade Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats! They are healthy and wholesome – the perfect reward for your favorite furry friend!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, measured in liquid state
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (or 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour)
- 1/4 cups quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine the pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut oil, flour, oats, and baking soda on medium-low speed, until a crumbly dough forms. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and knead on a clean counter until dough is combined and holds together*
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface until 1/4-inch thick. Using a small cookie cutter, cut the dough into shapes.
- Place the shapes onto the prepared baking sheet 1- inch apart. The treats won’t spread much at all.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes, depending on the size of the treat. You want them to be completely set and firm.
- Allow the treats to cool completely, and then let them sit out at room temperature overnight to dry out before storing in an airtight container.
I used a 1.5- inch round cutter to produce 60 dog treats.
The dough will be crumbly but should hold together when kneaded. I have found that this texture of dough makes the crunchiest dog biscuits. If you’re having trouble rolling it out, knead in another tablespoon of pumpkin.
Store airtight for up to a week, or freeze for up to 30 days
Keywords: homemade dog treats, dog treat recipes, best dog treats, healthy dog treats, peanut butter dog treats, pumpkin dog treats