This Homemade Egg Noodles recipe is a family favorite. They’re the perfect texture – kind of a cross between a dumpling and pasta. They work perfectly in soups, with a sauce, or just with butter and cheese. I use a simple trick in my noodles to add a little extra flavor!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg, plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons dry chicken bouillon, or kosher salt
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup water
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the flour, whole egg, egg yolks, and bouillon (or salt) until combined and the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With the mixer on medium-low speed, add in water, one tablespoon at a time only until the mixture forms a ball. Dough will be on the dry side, this is ok.
- Replace the paddle attachment with the dough hook attachment and turn mixer onto medium speed, kneading the dough for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes. Alternately, you can knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4, equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface roll one portion at a time using a rolling pin (keeping the other pieces covered) into a rectangle, as thin as you can. Rectangle will be approximately 9×16.
- Using a pizza cutter, or knife cut into long strips, approximately 1/4″ wide. You can now, cut the noodles to the length you like.
- Allow the noodles to dry at room temperature for 2-3 hours (see note). You can let them dry on parchment paper, or a cooling rack.
- When they’re dry, add them to a large pot of boiling water and boil for 12-13 minutes.
- Drain and serve.
I add chicken bouillon to my egg noodles for extra flavor. You can use salt instead if you prefer.
You can boil the noodles fresh, instead of drying them. Just add them to boiling water and coil for 3-5 minutes, until they float.
We enjoy these with butter and parmesan cheese, for a simple meal.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 35.9 mg
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 48.2 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 184.8 mg
Keywords: egg noodles recipe, homemade egg noodles, homemade egg noodles recipe, how to make egg noodles, recipe for egg noodles, homemade noodles, homemade noodles recipe