The ultimate sweet roll! Hawaiian Rolls are fluffy, sweet, and tropical fun – perfect for sliders. You’d never guess pineapple juice is the key ingredient!
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast (1 packet)
- 4 1/2 – 5 cups all purpose flour
- Egg Wash: 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the buttermilk and butter. Microwave in 25 second increments until the mixture is warmed (110°F – 120°F) and the butter is almost melted.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add in the buttermilk mixture, pineapple juice, sugar, salt, eggs, and yeast. Stir on low until combined.
- Add in 2 cups of flour and mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Gradually add in 2 1/2 more cups of flour, until a soft dough forms. Add more flour if necessary.
- Replace the paddle attachment with a dough hook and knead on medium speed until the dough forms a soft, smooth ball. Alternately you can do this by hand if you don’t have a dough hook attachment.
- Spray a clean bowl lightly with nonstick spray. Place the dough into the prepared bowl and cover with a clean towel. Place in a warm spot in your kitchen for 1 hour until the dough has risen and doubled in size.
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and divide into 15 equal portions. Form the dough into balls and place in the prepared pan. Cover again with the towel and allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Whisk together the reserved egg and 1 teaspoon water. Lightly brush the tops of the rolls with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Keywords: homemade Hawaiian rolls, hawaiian rolls for sliders, homemade dinner rolls, easy dinner rolls recipe