This is the best Pumpkin Pie recipe for Thanksgiving and beyond! Easy to make in a store-bought or homemade pie crust, filled with silky, spiced pumpkin pie filling made from scratch.
- 1 (9- inch) unbaked pie crust
- 1 (15- ounce) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 (14- ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped Cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a 9- inch pie plate with the pie crust and crimp the edges. Set aside. *See note
- In a large bowl whisk together the pumpkin, cornstarch, egg yolks, melted butter, condensed milk, and pumpkin spice until smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust. Tap the pan lightly on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 55 – 60 minutes. The center will be slightly loose and the edges will appear dry. Check the pie after 30 minutes of baking to ensure the crust isn’t browning too much. If it is, cover the crust with a pie shield or aluminum foil.
- Transfer the pie to a wire rack to cool for 3 hours before serving.
- If using my homemade pie crust, roll the dough out to 12- inches in diameter. Place the dough in the pie plate and trim the overhanging edges with a knife. Crimp the edges with a fork or flute them with your fingers.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: best pumpkin pie recipe, how to make pumpkin pie, easy pumpkin pie recipe