- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup turbinado sugar (Or Sugar in the Raw)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup salted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and both sugars on medium speed for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt and combine for 1 minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- With the mixer on the lowest setting add in 1 3/4 cup of the milk chips and 3/4 cup of the macadamia nuts.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 2-3 inches apart. Place a few chocolate chips and a few nuts onto the tops of the cookie dough before they bake.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookie to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
store airtight for up to 3 days