makes 30 cookies
- 4 Tbsp butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup small diced Granny Smith apples (about 1 small apple)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp real Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Mix butter and sugar together with mixer until combined, about 2 minutes. Add in egg, applesauce, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix until incorporated, about another minute. Mixture will look slightly curdled.
- Turn mixer to low and add in oats and flour, mixing until combined. Stir in apples.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoon onto lined pan, about 2 inches apart and bake for 10-12 minutes until tops are set.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Mix all icing ingredients in a bowl until smooth and then drizzle over top
optional addition ~ 1/2 tsp cinnamon added when you mix in salt and baking soda.
Store airtight for up to 3 days
Adapted from Martha Stewart