- 4 pounds bottom roast, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 pear or Granny Smith apple peeled and chopped
- juice of one large orange or 2 small
- Season the cubed roast liberally with salt and pepper.
- Heat Instant Pot to saute. Once the pan is hot coat the pan with the olive oil and in batches brown the meat on all the sides. Transfer meat to a plate while you’re working.
- Once all the meat is browned de-glaze the pan with the beef broth, scraping up all the browned bits.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir to combine.
- Return all the meat back to the pan and then place the garlic, ginger and pear on top of the meat, stirring lightly to slightly combine.
- Finally add in the orange juice.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and using the manual button on high pressure set to 45 minutes. Make sure the valve is closed.
- Once the pot is done, release the steam and shred meat using a fork.
- Serve over rice
To make this recipe in the slow cooker follow all the steps 1-7. Slow cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.