Creamy Instant Pot Risotto is an easy entree or side dish made with arborio rice, white wine, broth, and parmesan. Just as rich and comforting as a classic risotto, and ready in 30 minutes!
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth (or Vegetable Broth)
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Turn the instant pot to saute and add the olive oil, onions, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes until tender, stirring frequently. If the onions or garlic begin to brown, add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook and stir until the water is cooked away.
- Add the rice and stir it well to coat the grains with the oil. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and another pinch of salt. Deglaze the instant pot of any stuck-on bits. Cook for 2-3 minutes until all of the wine has cooked away.
- Cancel the saute mode.
- Add the broth. Stir well.
- Place the lid on the instant pot in the sealing position. Set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- After the cooking time has elapsed, carefully quick-release the steam from the instant pot and remove the lid.
- The risotto will look a bit soupy at this point. Add the parmesan cheese and butter and the remaining salt and pepper. Stir continuously until it is thickened and all of the cheese and butter have melted.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Store leftover risotto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- To reheat place a serving of risotto in a microwave-safe bowl along with a couple of tablespoons of broth or water. Cover with a damp paper towel and heat in 30-second intervals until it reaches at least 165 degrees.
Keywords: how to make risotto, parmesan risotto, easy instant pot recipes