- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3–4 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, ricotta cheese, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix for an additional minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until a dough forms. Portion out the dough using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop. Roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk, together until smooth. Spoon the glaze over warm cookies or alternately, dip the cookies into the gaze, and sprinkle with colored candy sprinkles.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days for best freshness.