This is a creamy, tart cheesecake on a graham cracker crust is one of my most favorite versions of cheesecake ever!
- 1 3/4 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs (about 15 full crackers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 (8- ounce) packages Cream Cheese, room temperature (32- ounces in total)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon key lime zest
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- Optional Garnish: whipped cream, toasted coconut flakes, raspberries, lime wedges
- Crust: Double wrap the bottom of the springform pan with foil, sealing it tightly to prevent water from getting into the pan.Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix the graham cracker crumbs, butter, granulated sugar, and salt together evenly. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Set aside while you make the cheesecake filling.
- Cheesecake: In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed, until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add the zest, sour cream, lime juice and vanilla; mix well, scraping sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until mixed. Don’t over mix.
- Pour the filling over crust and spread evenly.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan and pour very hot water into the pan, until it’s 3/4- inch deep, careful to make sure the water level doesn’t come up higher than the foil.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the center is almost set. The center will still jiggle while the edges will be set.
- Carefully run a knife around the rim of pan to loosen cake. Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for at least an hour, then cover and transfer into the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight. Release the sides of the springform pan before slicing.
- Garnish with whipped cream, toasted coconut, raspberries, or lime wedges if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you can’t find key limes, just use regular limes!
Keywords:: cookies and cups, cheesecake, key lime, key lime cheesecake, cheesecake recipe