- 1 box yellow cake mix (or vanilla)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lime Zest (about 2 limes)
- 3 Tbsp Key Lime Juice (about 2 limes)
- *optional ~ graham cracker crumbs for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl combine cake mix, graham crumbs, oil, water and eggs. Stir to combine and then beat on medium high for 1 minute.
- Drop batter (approx 2 Tbsp) onto lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until set and edges are lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For filling combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, zest and lime juice in bowl of stand mixer. Mix on low until ingredients combine, Turn mixer up to medium and beat for 1 1/2-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Fill whoopie pies with about 2 Tbsp of filling.
- Garnish edges with graham cracker crumbs if desired.