Krispie Treat Chocolate Chip Cookies combine two beloved sweet treats, the chocolate chip cookie and the krispie treat into one gooey cookie!
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg plus, 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 10 marshmallows (not mini), cut in half
- 5–6 pre-made krispie treat bars, cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the melted butter and both sugars together for 1 minutes on medium speed. Add in the vanilla, egg, egg yolk, salt, and baking soda and continue mixing for 30 seconds until combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly incorporated.
- Using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop, portion out the dough. Take the halved marshmallows and form the dough completely around the marshmallow, doing your best to make sure the marshmallow is sealed in the middle.
- Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Make sure not to overbake these, as the marshmallow will melt all over the place, no matter how well you think you sealed your dough.
- With the cookies still on the baking sheet, gently press pieces of the krispie treats into the warm cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I use my largest cookie scoop which is 3 1/2 tablespoons sized. The yield will vary slightly depending on the size scoop you use.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Keywords:: cookie recipe, cookie recipes, chocolate chip cookie, rice krispie treats recipe, fun cookie recipe