A extra fun way to do smores…with krispie treats instead of graham crackers!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups krispie cereal
- 10 large Campfire® Red, White & Blue Roasters Marshmallows
- 4–5 regular sized chocolate bars
- Line a jelly roll pan (15x10x1) with aluminum foil and lightly coat with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In large saucepan heat the butter over low heat until melted. Add in the mini marshmallows and salt, stirring constantly until melted. Immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour in krispie cereal, stir until evenly coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Press evenly into the prepared pan. I like to spray the back of a piece of parchment paper lightly with nonstick spray and use this to press the mixture down.
- Allow the krispie treats to cool completely before cutting them into squares.
I like to let my krispie treats sit uncovered for a few hours for this recipe before cutting. When they dry out just slightly it helps create a better base for the s’more. Also, pressing the mixture into the pan compactly helps with this too.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.