This easy Lemon Pie Recipe is creamy, and tart on top of a buttery Nilla Wafer Crust!
- 2 cups Nilla Wafer crumbs (about 60 cookies)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- zest of two lemons
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
Lemon Whipped cream
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Combine all the crust ingredients and press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a deep dish pie plate. Bake the crust for 8 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before filling.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment beat the heavy cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes. Remove the whipped cream from the bowl and place in the refrigerator while you do the next step.
- Without washing the mixing bowl place the cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon curd in the bowl and change the attachment on the mixer to the paddle. Turn the mixer to medium low speed and mix until all the ingredients are combined and smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator and fold it into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- Spread this into the cooled crust.
- Cover the pie and chill it for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve the pie make the Lemon Whipped Cream.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and on high speed beat the cream until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes.
- Spread or pipe this on top of the chilled pie.
The Lemon Whipped Cream makes enough to cover the entire pie. If you would like it only as a garnish (as pictured) cut the recipe in half.
Store chilled for up to 3 days
Keywords:: pie recipe, cookies and cups, lemon pie, lemon cream pie, easy pie recipe, lemon curd, whipped cream