- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup lemon curd or strawberry preserves
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix butter and 3/4 cups granulated sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour mixing until just incorporated.
- Place the remaining 1/4 cup of granulated sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (2 tablespoons), scoop the dough out and roll into balls. Place the ball into the granulated sugar and coat.
- Place the dough into the prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart, and press dough in the center of each ball with a spoon or your thumb to create a well. Place a 1/2 teaspoon amount of lemon curd or preserves into the well.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until the edges are slightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and no lumps remain. Transfer the glaze to a small zip-top bag and snip the corner off the bag with scissors. Drizzle the glaze on top of the cookies.
- Allow the glaze to set.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days for best freshness.
*If you choose to freeze these cookies, note the lemon curd or preserves can get sticky upon thawing.