Lemonhead Cookies are my new favorite cookie! Even if you’re not a fan of Lemonhead candy, you will fall in love with the lemon flavor of these cookies.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed Lemonhead candies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons water or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of you stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar, and lemon zest together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix for an additional minute, until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just incorporated. With mixer still on low, add in the crushed lemon candies, mixing until evenly combined.
- Cover and chill dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, and roll into balls. Place them on a baking sheet 2- inches apart, and bake for 9 -11 minutes, or until the cookies are very lightly golden at the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a wire racket cool completely.
- For the glaze, in a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and water together until a thin glaze forms.
- Dip the tops of each cookie into the glaze and allow excess to drip off before returning to the wire rack, allowing the glaze to set.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
If you plan on freezing these cookies, do so before you glaze them. The glaze can get sticky if frozen and thawed.
TIP: If the cookies are misshapen when they come out of the oven, use your spatula immediately to form the cookies back into perfect circles. These cookies bake up very evenly, but if a Lemonhead bit melts at the edge of the cookie, no problem, just reshape it slightly with your spatula AS SOON as they come out of then oven, when they are most malleable.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 208
- Sugar: 16.8 g
- Sodium: 163.1 mg
- Fat: 10.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
- Protein: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 35.7 mg
Keywords: Lemon cookie recipe, lemon dessert recipe, best lemon desserts, easy cookie recipe