These Lightened Up Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Bars are an easy Fall dessert idea that tastes amazing! They’re full of pumpkin flavor and Autumn spices, but light on the calories so you can enjoy them guilt free!
- 1 (8 oz) block 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 (16 oz) package Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick spray
- In your stand mixer combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp water mixing on medium high for 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine box of dry cake mix, pumpkin, 3/4 cup water, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Stir until smooth and combined.
- Spread pumpkin mixture into your prepared pan.
- Drizzle your cream cheese on top of the pumpkin mixture and swirl it in with a butter knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and cut into squares.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Refrigerate if desired.
recipe adapted from tj’s test kitchen
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 172
- Sugar: 18.4 g
- Sodium: 258.6 mg
- Fat: 2.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.3 mg
Keywords: pumpkin desserts, pumpkin blondies, pumpkin bars, pumpkin brownies, pumpkin cake, fall dessert idea, thanksgiving dessert