Linzer Cookies are a classic holiday cookie recipe! Use whatever preserves you like best!
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup raspberry or strawberry preserves
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the vanilla and salt and mix until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined.
- Remove the dough, flatten it into a disk and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it sit for 10 minutes, to take the chill off.
- Dust a clean counter with flour and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to 1/4- inch thick.
- Cut out the dough using a round 2- inch round biscuit cutter or cookie cutter. In half of the rounds, cut out circle (or shape) in the centers. You can use a small cookie cutter, or even the back of a piping tip.
- Place the dough on the prepared baking sheet and place baking sheet in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. When the oven is preheated, remove the baking sheet from the freezer and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Transfer the cookie to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, spread about 1 teaspoon of preserves on the bottoms of the solid cookies. Gently press the cut out cookies on top of the preserves.
- Dust all the cookies with powdered sugar.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Keywords:: cookies and cups, linzer cookies, christmas cookies, cookie recipe, linzer cookie recipe, linzer tart cookies, how to make linzer cookies, easy linzer cookies