A fun twist on classic potato salad
- 3 pounds red potatoes, washed and cut into 1 1/2- inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons chopped green onions or chives
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring water to a boil and simmer potatoes for 9-10 minutes, until fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water. Allow them to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooled, place them in a large bowl. Pour the sour cream mixture on top and stir to coat. Mix in the cheese, bacon and green onions, stirring to combine.
- Chill for 3 hours, or overnight.
- Garnish with more cheese, bacon, and onions, if desired.
Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: cookies and cups, potato salad, loaded potato salad, loaded baked potato salad, bbq food, bbq side dish, side dish recipe