These easy homemade Lofthouse Sugar Cookie Bars taste exactly like everyone’s favorite store bought cookie! Bake delicious cookies in 30 minutes without the stress!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a jelly roll pan (15x10x1) with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In your mixer cream butter, cream cheese and sugar together. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- With mixer on low, add in your dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix until just combined.
- Press dough evenly into your prepared pan. (dough will be sticky)
- Bake for 20 minutes until edges begin to golden.
- Cool completely before frosting.
recipe adapted from Today’s Mama
Keywords:: sugar cookies recipe best, sugar cookies recipe soft, sugar cookies recipe easy, sugar cookies recipe with frosting, sugar cookie bars, homemade sugar cookies, easy cookie bars, easy sugar cookies, best sugar cookies, how to make sugar cookies