This Cheesy Pasta Bake is a lot like mac and cheese, but a little extra cheese and baked all together gives it a cozy vibe!
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Swiss
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated provolone
- 8– ounces cream cheese, room temperature and cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish lightly in nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the mozzarella, Swiss, Parmesan, provolone cheese, and cream cheese. Reserve 3/4 cup of the cheese mixture to use for topping. In a smaller bowl combine the sour cream, heavy cream, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and seasoned salt.
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain. Add hot pasta in the to bowl with the grated cheeses and add the sour cream mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture until combined.
- Pour the pasta into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the reserved cheeses.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until all the cheese is melted and the topping is lightly golden.
- Serve immediately.
For best and most creamy results, don’t use pre-grated cheese in this recipe. Grate all the cheese fresh.
Keywords:: homemade macaroni and cheese recipe, best mac n cheese recipe, baked pasta recipe