makes 12 mini pop tarts
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3 oz cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp water
- 1/2 cup canned chocolate frosting
- raw, unsalted almonds for garnish
- In a large bowl, cut the butter and cream cheese into the flour until mixture form coarse crumbs. With your hands blend the mixture until a smooth dough forms.
- Flatten dough, wrap in cling wrap and chill for 1 hour, or until firm.
- To make filling combine coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
- When dough is chilled remove from fridge and roll out on a floured surface into a 17×10 inch rectangle. Dough will be very thin.
- Cut dough with a knife into 2 x 2 1/2 inch rectangles.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon amount of coconut onto center of half the rectangles. Moisten edges with water and place another rectangle of dough of top, pressing edges together.
- Using a fork seal the edges together all the way around.
- Whisk egg and water together to form an egg wash and lightly brush egg wash over each mini tart.
- Bake at 375° on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10-12 minutes or until edges golden.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, place an almond on top of each tart. Heat chocolate frosting in microwave for 15 seconds. Pour a teaspoon of frosting on top of each tart and allow to set.
Store in an airtight container for 3 days.