Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting is cool, creamy and loaded with chopped chocolate. If you love mint chocolate chip ice cream, this easy frosting recipe is your dream come true! Perfect for topping a chocolate cake or cupcake!
- 1½ cups butter, room temperature
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- a few drops of green food coloring
- 6 Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Bars, finely chopped (9 ounces)
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth. Turn the speed to low and slowly add the powdered sugar until it’s mixed in.
- Slowly stream in ¼ cup of the heavy cream and peppermint extract. Turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix for 1 minute until creamy. Add additional heavy cream, if a creamier frosting is desired.
- Turn mixer to low and add in chopped chocolate. Stir until combined.
if you opt to use milk instead of cream start with 2 tablespoons and add from there. Milk is thinner than cream and doesn’t take as much to loosen your frosting.
*Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 moth. Allow the frosting to come to room temperature before using.
Keywords: mint chocolate chip frosting recipe, how to make mint chocolate chip frosting, chocolate chip frosting recipe, easy frosting recipe, best frosting recipe, mint frosting recipe