- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup M&M’S Minis Baking Bits
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Green food coloring
- Red M&M’S (of any variety) to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F°
- Prepare a 12 cup bundt pan by generously spraying it with nonstick cooking spray (or you can grease it with butter or shortening) and dusting it with flour. Tap out any excess flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle beat the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add add in the eggs and vanilla mixing until combined evenly, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add in the sour cream and beat for another minute.
- Turn mixer speed to low and alternate adding in the flour mixture and buttermilk, starting and ending with the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the M&M’S on top of the batter and using a butter knife swirl the M&M’S into the batter. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the bundt pan for 15-30 minutes. Turn the pan upside down onto a cake plate and allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting beat the butter until smooth. Turn mixer to low and add in the powdered sugar, mixing until combined. Slowly stream in the heavy cream, mixing until smooth.
- Add in a few drops of green food coloring at a time until the desired color is reached.
- Spread the frosting on the top of the cooled cake and place red M&M’S randomly on top.
- If desired tie a red bow and place in the frosting.
Store airtight for up to 3 days.