Mushroom and Garlic Butter Pasta is a simple, everyday dinner that is done in under 30 minutes. Simple flavors pack a big punch!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, about 5 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the tomatoes onto the sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Roast your tomatoes for 10-12 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add in the mushrooms and cook for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, crushed red pepper and season well with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 3 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water, and drain pasta.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter to the mushrooms and melt. Add in the drained pasta, pasta water, and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly to coat pasta and melt cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley and fold in roasted tomatoes.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords:: garlic pasta recipe, roasted tomato pasta recipe