Neapolitan Ice Cream Cake is an easy ice cream cake recipe that is perfect for a party!
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 3 cups strawberry ice cream
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 (14.3- ounce) package chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed (36 cookies)
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- Allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- When you pull the ice cream out of the freezer, place a 9- inch springform pan in the freezer to chill.
- When the ice cream has softened, pull the pan out of the freezer. Spread the chocolate ice cream on the bottom of the pan. Use a large off-set spatula to get it as smooth as you can.
- Top the chocolate layer with 1 cup of Oreo Crumbs. Spread them evenly on top of and press gently into the ice cream.
- Spread the strawberry ice cream on top of the crushed cookies, and repeat with another cup of the cookie crumbs.
- Finish with the vanilla ice cream, spreading evenly. Cover the ice cream with plastic wrap, pressing it into the ice cream to seal. Cover the plastic wrap with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve remove from the freezer, spread whipped cream on top and sprinkle the remaining cookie crumbs on the whipped cream, if desired.
- Loosen the ice cream from the pan by running a butter knife around the edges and then release the sides of the pan.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Store airtight in the freezer for up to 30 days
Keywords:: cookies and cups, ice cream, ice cream cake, dessert recipe, Neapolitan