These flavor packed chocolate chip cookies are filled with creamy Nutella!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat. Once melted, bring the butter to a boil. Swirling the pan or stirring with a wooden spoon continue to cook the butter until the milk solids begin to brown and the butter becomes an amber color. Remove from the heat and allow to cool while you do the next steps.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. In 2 teaspoon portions, drop scoops of Nutella onto the prepared baking sheet. You will need 24 scoops. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, while you make the cookie dough.
- In a large bowl stir together the cooled butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until combined. Add in the egg, the yolk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and then the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 3- tablespoon sized cookie scoop, scoop out chilled cookie dough. Press a well into the dough and place a frozen scoop of Nutella into the cookie dough and form the dough around the Nutella, encasing it in the dough making a ball.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet 3- inches apart. Return the unused Nutella to the freezer while the batches are baking to keep it frozen.
- Bake for 8 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 22.5 g
- Sodium: 163.5 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.9 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 37.5 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, cookie recipe, cookies, nutella, chocolate chip cookies, nutella stuffed cookies, stuffed cookies