This one-pot Lasagna Soup is loaded with everything we love about traditional homemade lasagna. Put down the casserole dish and make this easy soup recipe on the stovetop in 30 minutes or less.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 4 cups chicken stock (32-ounce container)
- 2 (15-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil, more for garnish if desired
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Ricotta cheese for topping (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for 4 – 5 minutes, until softened. Stir in the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add in the sausage, and cook until browned, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Drain any excess grease.
- Add in chicken stock, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir until combined and then add the Italian seasoning.
- Bring to a light boil and then add in the noodles. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente.
- Stir in the chopped basil, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- To Serve: Ladle soup into bowls and top with a spoonful of ricotta cheese, pepper, and more basil if desired.
- You can sub in lean ground beef or turkey for the ground sausage if desired. Add a little more seasoning if making this adaptation, as sausage adds a bit more flavor.
- Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: best soup recipes, one pot recipes, homemade soup