One Pot Pasta is a favorite pasta recipe in our house!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (24 ounce jar) Bertolli Reserva Balsamic Vinegar and Caramelized Onions Sauce
- 3 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound linguine, broken in half
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- optional – parsley to garnish
- In a large (10- inch) skillet over medium heat melt the butter and olive oil together. Add in the chopped onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes until the onion are soft and golden brown. The last 5 minutes of cooking add in the garlic, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the Bertolil Sauce, chicken broth and crushed red pepper and stir to combine. Add in the linguine and stir carefully into the sauce. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring the sauce it a boil. Once it’s boiling reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the sauce and pasta for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently so the pasta doesn’t stick together.
- When the pasta is almost done add in the shrimp and stir to combine. Allow the shrimp to cook until they are opaque, about 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired and serve immediately
If at any point the pasta has absorbed all the liquid and still isn’t cooked add 1/4-1/2 cup more liquid and continue cooking. Occasionally I’ve found different brands of pastas absorb liquid a little differently.
Also, you can use any pasta sauce for this recipe, however the Bertolli Riserva gives an AMAZING base flavor to build upon.
Keywords:: pasta recipe, dinner recipe, shrimp recipe, cookies and cups, one pot