Oreo Cookie Bark is a simple, no bake treat that takes your love for Oreo cookies to the next level! Two cream layers of dark chocolate, loaded with crushed cookies, filled with creamy, homemade Oreo filling!
- 16 ounces good quality dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 14 Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Finely crush or chop the Oreo cookies, divide in half and set aside.
- Chop the chocolate and divide in half. Place half the chocolate in a medium, heat safe bowl. Bring an inch of water in a medium pot to a simmer. Place the bowl on top of the simmering pot (making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water) and melt the chocolate, stirring frequently. Alternately, you can melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30- second increments, stirring in between each until melted and smooth.
- When chocolate is melted stir in half of the crushed Oreos. Spread the mixture evenly in a thin layer on your prepared pan.
- Place in freezer to set, 10-15 minutes.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter and shortening until smooth, 1-2 minutes. Turn the mixer to low and slowly add in the powdered sugar. Turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and mix for 1 more minute, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Set aside.
- Remove chocolate from freezer and spread the filling on top of the chocolate using an off-set spatula. Place back in freezer for another 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and stir in the remaining Oreo cookies using the same method as before. Spread this evenly on top of the chilling filling layer. Place back in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until top layer of chocolate is set.
- Keep frozen or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into pieces.
Cut when chilled.
Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days
Keywords:: holiday bark recipe, oreo dessert recipe