These Parker House Rolls are a classic, homemade dinner rolls recipe! Fluffy, buttery and light they’re the perfect side dish for any meal!
- 4 3/4 to 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 egg
- Optional – 2 tablespoons melted butter to brush on baked rolls
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment combine 2 cups flour, sugar, undissolved yeast and salt. Mix on low until combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl heat the milk, water, and 1/4 cup butter in 30 seconds increments until very warm to the touch (120°F to 130°F). Butter might not be melted all the way, which is ok.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add in the egg and 1/2 cup flour and mix for 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and be slightly sticky. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes, or alternately, you can do this step in your mixer with a dough hook.
- Cover the dough with a clean towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half to a 12-inch square, about 1/4-inch thick. Using a knife or a pizza cutter cut the dough into 6 (12 x 2- inch) strips. Then cut each strip into thirds (4 x 2-inch rectangles).
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup butter. Brush each rectangle with butter.
- Crease each rectangle slightly off center with dull edge of knife and fold at crease, so it’s not quite folded in half.
- Place the rolls onto the prepared baking sheet, short folded side facing down. Cover and place in a warm, draft-free place. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush with more melted butter, if desired. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from breadworld.com
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 102.1 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.5 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 13.7 mg
Keywords: cookies and cups, parker house rolls, dinner rolls, yeast rolls, yeast baking, homemade dinner rolls, how to make dinner rolls