Peanut Brittle is a classic candy recipe that is the perfect combo of sweet and salty!
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn or Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1–1/2 cups roasted, lightly salted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- optional – 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt
- Line a 15 X 10-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and coat lightly with nonstick spray, or alternately you can use a silicone mat. Also coat an off-set spatula with nonstick spray for easy spreading. Set aside.
- Combine syrup, sugar, water and butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once boiling, continue to cook without stirring until temperature reaches 280°F on a candy thermometer.
- Gradually stir in peanuts, stirring until temperature reaches 300°F. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the baking soda. Mixture will foam slightly and become lighter in color.
- Immediately pour the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. With the off-set spatula, spread the mixture evenly to edges. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt, if desired.
- Cool and break into pieces.
Store airtight for up to 7 days
Keywords:: candy, peanut brittle, peanuts,