makes 60 bars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 8 cups Frosted Flakes cereal
- 3/4 cup and 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 (3.4 oz, 4 serving sized) packets of instant vanilla pudding
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 15x10x1″ jelly roll pan with foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan combine corn syrup and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then let boil for 1 more minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until evenly combined. Then stir in Frosted Flakes until coated. Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- For pudding layer, in large sauce pan, melt 3/4 cup butter over medium-low heat. Add in powdered sugar and pudding mix. Whisk together, gradually adding milk. Mixture will be slightly lumpy, but do your best to whisk out the majority of the lumps.
- Pour pudding mix over the crust and spread.
- In another medium saucepan melt 1/2 cup butter and chocolate chips together over low heat.
- When melted, spread over pudding layer.
- Chill for an hour before cutting into squares.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
adapted from bhg