makes 8 cups granola
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 2 cups Mini peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Line a roasting pan or large baking sheet (with sides) with foil. Spread oatmeal evenly in pan.
- In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, honey and cinnamon heat on medium for about 4 minutes until heated through, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over oatmeal and stir gently to coat evenly. I used a rubber spatula and my hands.
- Bake oats for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn oven off.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle peanuts into mixture and stir to combine evenly. Place baking sheet back in oven and let sit in warm oven for 1 1/2 hours to dry.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle mini peanut butter cups over the granola. Place back in barely warm oven for 4-5 minutes until the peanut butter cups get slightly glossy and stick to the granola.
- Remove from oven and let sit until peanut butter cups set up.
- Store in an airtight container fro up to 5 days.
adapted from Jif