This is the Perfect Garlic Knots Recipe! These garlic knots taste like take-out but way better! Impress your guests with this delicious 6 ingredient appetizer recipe.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 garlic cloves, minced (approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- optional- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 200°F. Once it reaches temperature turn the oven off and do not open the door.
- In a medium skillet over medium-low heat melt butter.
- Once the butter is melted add in the minced garlic. Cook the garlic until it’s lightly browned and remove from the heat immediately.
- Strain the butter from the garlic and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the warm water, yeast and garlic pieces. Stir to dissolve the yeast.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the dough attachment combine the salt and flour.
- Slowly pour in the yeast mixture and mix on medium speed for 6 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and form into a smooth ball.
- Place the dough into the prepared bowl, cover with a clean kitchen towel and place in the warm oven for 45 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Make the knots:
- When the dough is done, punch it down and roll it slightly on a lightly floured surface into a 6×12″ rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter cut the dough into 6, 12″ strips.
- To form the knots take each strip of dough and tie it loosely as you would tie a shoe. See above photo. Loop the ends around the dough, tucking the dough under.
- Place each knot onto the prepared pan and cover again with the kitchen towel.
- Place the baking sheet back into the oven for 25-30 minutes until they’ve almost doubled in size again.
- Remove the pan from the oven, set aside and keep covered.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F.
- When the oven is preheated, uncover the knots and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the knots are baking place the bowl with the reserved butter in the microwave for 10 seconds, or until melted.
- After 5 minutes remove from the oven and brush the knots with butter. Return the pan back to the oven and bake for an additional 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining butter. Serve warm.
Keywords: garlic knots recipe, garlic knots pizza, best appetizer recipe, garlic bread recipe, homemade garlic bread, pizza hut garlic knots, how to make