These Perfectly Moist Chocolate Muffins are the perfect sweet treat with coffee!!
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- Optional – 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules *see note
- 3/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the milk, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and vegetable oil until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and using a rubber spatula, fold together until just combined. Add in most of the chocolate chips, reserving a handful to press into the top of the batter before baking, and stir to combine.
- Using a large cookie scoop (1/4 cup) fill the muffin tins almost to the top. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until the centers are set.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
*Instant coffee in this recipe will enhance the chocolate flavor. If using, dissolve the granules into the milk before mixing the wet ingredients together.
Store airtight at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze airtight for up to 30 days
Keywords: cookies and cups, chocolate muffins, muffin recipe